Adding new users to SP Permission groups is easy. But what happens when a user leaves a company? Typically there is a process in place that removes the user from the active directory (AD). That does not mean, though, that the user gets automatically removed from a Site Collection.
I have heard SP Experts talk about a PowerShell script to do the task, but without having that option, the following steps will remove a user from the entire Site Collection:
- Go to Site Setting / Site Permissions
- Click on any existing permission group. Your url and header will look something like:
- Delete the GroupID, in this case 6
- Replace the 6 with 0
The url and header will now look something like:
- Next select the user you need to delete
- Select Actions
- Select Delete User from Site Collection
Things to consider:
- This works only one Site Collection at a time.
- This process is manual, but quick and easy.
- It helps to remove multiple users at the same time. I therefore recommend getting added to term tickets and do the process once a month.